Tuesday 5 August 2008

Love letters

They are very powerful and therefore not very easy to write, at least for some people. I love reading love letters, especially the paper letters. There are letters written on a perfumed paper with perfumed ink and nicely sealed. It is very romantic for having to open such letters. Some famous love letters:

My dearest Emma,
All your letters are so entertaining, that they give me either the greatest pleasure or pain. It is the next best thing to being with you. Nelson's Alpha and Omega is Emma! My affection and love is beyond even this world. Nothing will shake it but yourself...
NELSON TO EMMA HAMILTON

I have not spent a day without loving you; I have not spent a day without embracing you; I have not so much as drunk one cup of tea without cursing the pride and ambition which force me to remain apart from the moving spirit of my life. My beloved Josephine stands alone in my heart...
NAPOLEON TO JOSEPHINE

No comments: